Friday, September 20, 2013 | 4:57 PM

Assuming physical attractiveness is not under consideration over here,

1. Unique, sexy voice
There was just this one guy whose mere voice sent tingles down my back. A long time ago. Not saying this is a pre-requisite, hahaha.

The Phantom has such a captivating, haunting voice.

2. Easy to get along with
Some people have the special ability to make people around them feel comfortable, even if they've just met. I admire such people. They always seem to know just what exactly to say. It'd be really useful in a social setting.

On a more personal level, I think it's attractive when a guy can engage in a friendly banter with me. Some guys make me feel very awkward. There are very few who put me at ease when I'm talking to them. I might be more sensitive than other people, so a guy who makes me feel totally comfortable (I'm talking about genuine people, not those conniving bastards) is rare and a keeper. I walk away from these exchanges feeling upbeat and refreshed, and that's definitely a plus point.

3. Humorous/ Has a great sense of humour
I like to laugh, so I appreciate people who make me laugh. I'm not talking about the hur-hur, but the HAHAHAHA kind of laughter. If you can't, at least you have to appreciate good jokes. Life would be so much less without laughter in it. Perhaps it's not strictly necessary for a meaningful life, but laughter brings a lot of joy, and little bursts of joy are what will get me through mundanity.

4. Quietly confident and mature
I like guys who carry themselves well. Those that walk properly with a spring in their steps, not shuffling everywhere. Those who are comfortable with who they are. Some dancers have this kind of confidence -- they shine while owning the stage, and they glow even when they're not dancing. I'm looking to build that up myself. But you don't have to be a dancer to have that kind of confidence. Also, I don't like those flamboyant "I'm handsome and I know it" kind of people; that kind of confidence irks me.

Maturity is also something that impresses me. I group this with confidence because (well, apart from trying to squeeze more traits in) I think they come together. Guys who know how to take charge when needed and do the things that need to be done, who have the emotional maturity to not let negative emotions trip them over, who know how to treat people right, are very attractive. And I guess that's where the confidence comes in.

5. Gets along well with kids
I like playing with kids sometimes, but I personally can't stand screaming toddlers; I don't feel like coaxing them or whatever. But I find it endearing when guys are able to do that. Shows the kind of patience and tolerance level they have, as well as their mindset I guess. Plus I'd like to have kids of my own next time, so I'd appreciate a competent dad for a partner. (Bonus points if you're cool enough for our teenage kids to show off)

This is a rather randomly compiled list... that I just thought of off the top of my head. There are probably other traits that catch my interest, but I'll just stop here. Looking to do another reflection post soon, so look out for that! (:

Labels: , , ,