Friday, December 27, 2013 | 12:14 AM

Christmas this year was pretty quiet. Even our tree was (literally) scaled down:


Nonetheless, it's been a festive season with family and friends. One of the things I remember more: Grace's Christmas party on Sunday :). It was pulled off quite well, with games, carolling and a gift exchange. Haha my favourite part was the carolling because our lead musicians kept it lively. Here they are:


Libo (left) and Marcus (right). Photo taken from Grace's fb. 

The former publicity head of CAPT also put her designing skills to good use, with unique carol booklets for everyone. They were so pretty! 



Not to mention, her family prepared a spread for us and a friend brought Christmas cookies. Pity I don't have pictures, but all the food looked lovely and tasted good. People are what makes a party right? So I was mostly thankful for the good company and it wasn't awkward even though we weren't all familiar with each other :). 

Christmas day itself was spent with my family. Mostly my siblings. After breakfast we had gift exchange, and lunch out. Here's us at lunch, the cute decorations from the log cake, and our miniature tree again: 

After lunch we headed home and once back, my siblings decided to pull out the monopoly board (dust and all). I haven't played monopoly in ages and I found it nostalgic! It was quite funny and probably the most ironic monopoly game I've played. Half the time my sis and I would end up in jail and the other half of the time we were paying rent to my brother who got lucky that day. He had 2 get-out-of-jail cards and didn't use a single one -.-. At first because he didn't have our poor luck, then because he had enough property and didn't want to pay rent to other people. By this time he already owned most of the property anyway. Maybe it was the dice or something, but it was actually really easy to roll doubles and we would be like "oh no" every time we managed to get out of jail. My sis was a frequent visitor to my brother's property, houses and all. She even had the frequent visitor's free gift: a get-out-of-jail card. Not that she wanted to use it lol. It was less expensive to stay in jail. I had slightly better luck, managing to somehow miss his properties by one square many, many times. Each time I did, my brother would roll over and go "Nooooo" in frustration (we were playing on the beds in my room). 

After that, we played cards for a while. And then tried watching the Nightmare Before Christmas. I say tried, because within a few minutes into the show, I was feeling sleepy and dozed off. When I woke up, I found my sis sleeping on the bed next to mine and my brother was not around. Turns out they didn't make it through the movie because they both dozed off too! Just that my brother went to his room to sleep. I think this was one of the more family-centric Christmases I've had. Usually we're doing our own thing in-between the meals together. And that was Christmas for me :) how did you spend yours? 

Happy Holidays! 

Labels: , ,