Saturday, November 2, 2013 | 3:35 PM

Okay I'm really late for this so sorry!!

Always loved traveling, always loved getting on a plane and flying away. There's just this sense of adventure, this "yippee I'm going away for a while" feeling. Sure it can get tiring to have to keep packing your stuff. Sure it gets too cold sometimes (even if I love going in winter). But nothing brings the excitation of exploring a place down. The places I've been to: Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, China, Korea, Thailand, Cambodia, England. And the following are places I'd like to visit:
1. Norway

Atlantic Ocean Road

Behold the renowned Atlantic Ocean Road. Best view ever, or so I've heard. Then there's also the Northern Lights, which I really want to see. Many other cool stuff like natural formations and everything, it's just so beautiful and I really wanna witness and experience these things.

No, I'm never gonna go onto that rock, though.

2. Japan

Four seasons in Japan.

I've always wanted to visit Japan! I think it's a beautiful country with a very deep culture. I think it's the one country I'd like to go to in all four seasons because there's something special for every season. Plus I studied the Japanese language for 4 years, though I've forgotten almost everything now. I really want to go, but I'm actually deathly afraid that if I'll be forced to communicate with the locals in Japanese, especially if I go with my family. So... maybe not so soon. Not until I go and revise my Jap!


3. Scotland

Castle!!

Castles, castles and castles! It's the castle that gets me every time. I've read so much about beautiful castles up north and I really really have to go see them! There used to be lots of clans in Scotland (they still exist, I think. They just don't fight clan wars anymore, I guess) and they each owned a castle. Then they'd go fight other clans and claim their castles. Or they'd marry to strengthen their power. Ah, glorious stories. And can you believe it, there are castles for sale. I want to be rich, if only to have the money to buy a castle for myself or something.

The University of Edinburgh. I can't believe I passed up their offer. ):

4. Venice

The Floating City.

Venice, oh Venice! Where there are no roads, only waterways! I think it's so romantic to be traveling on boats to get to everywhere, though I'd see how problems will ensue, ie. when you're in a hurry, or when you're dressed up nicely and you get splashed. I've heard the city is sinking... No, such a beautiful place ):

I heard it smells, too.

5. English Countryside

Yep, it's them castles again.

I've been to England on a school trip (the same one Stella went on, the same group with Madeleine - yeah we all went), and wow wow wow. Okay I didn't think London was fantastic, but I really loved the small towns and the more rural places like Lake District, and Shakespeare's birthplace Stratford-upon-Avon. I remember along a street in a town (can't remember which), there was a shop selling magical things like wands, pentagons, various herbs and stuff, and we were talking to the shop-owner about his experience with magic and the supernatural. Right there in that shop I could almost feel that everyone had the palpable urge to believe him. Such an atmosphere - you only get it in England, I guess. Everything's just more magical there.

Ever since I started reading, I've fantasized about living in the English countryside. Stories of families and houses and horses. Horses! Riding those horses over the rolling hills, picnicking beside a stream... It's my dream to live like that. Ahhh.

If I can't have a castle, can I at least get a cottage?

Yes, yes!
Yup that's my top 5! There are still many places I'd like to visit, and next year I'll probably to heading to the UK for my third year, so really hope I get to travel around Europe! Really can't wait, but I have to start saving up!!

Happy traveling,

Labels: , , ,